This winter, I’m on the hunt for a new wool coat and I’m a sucker for a beautiful duffle or pea coat. I’ve been wearing the same one the last three (!!) seasons and it was inexpensive to begin with, so it’s starting to show some wear. But first, let’s be honest. If money were no object, I’d buy this coat and be done with it. However, my budget is more restrictive and it’s actually quite challenging to find true WOOL coats that are also reasonably priced. For the $250 and under price point, It’s going to be a blend, but there are still some fashionable WARM choices!
Here are a few of my favorites:
1. I am in love with this wool (80%) coat from Zara. IN LOVE and I must try it on. I wouldn’t normally pick a RED coat but for some reason I love it so much I don’t care. $169
3. I love EVERYTHING from Boden, and especially this moleskin duffle. It’s so ME. $198 *Well crap, there isn’t actually ANY wool in this coat but I’m keeping it on the list because it’s so cute.
4. Also from Boden, you can’t go wrong with a classic wool (75%) pea coat, EVER. $238
5. This great Walker coat from Lands End is made with 51% boiled wool. $149 *Boiled wool is a denser/tighter weave giving it a slightly different look. I’d have to see it in person…
6. Another Lands End favorite, similar to the last coat in look, but this is the 75% traditional wool (and BONUS 3% cashmere) luxe classic car coat. $229
A few more possibilities:
Skirted Dress Coat from J Crew Factory for $198
Navy Blue Bound Seam Wool Duffle Coat from Top Shop for $178
So many choices! Tell me, do you have a favorite?