Remember a long time ago when everyone was stuck using ugly clip art or shelling out lots of money for the usage rights to a professional stock photo? Thankfully, we don’t live in that world anymore and there is a plethora of great options that are free or low cost with liberal permissions that allow you to include the photo in your business, branding, or website. What I also love about this new era of photography is that anyone who takes a captivating photo can choose to share their image or make it available through these services – spread the art love. YAY!
Here are five of my favorites:
1. Unsplash. 10 free, high-resolution stock photos every 10 days.
2. Stocksy. An artist owned cooperative that provides stunning photos. Prices range from $10-$100.
3. Death to the Stock Photo. Free, commercial use photos, sent to you via email each month. Or, you can subscribe to a premium subscription for $10 a month.
4. Shutterstock. Lots and lots of gorgeous royalty free photos that can be purchased individually or via an annual subscription.
5. Gratisography. Whimsical, free art for personal or commercial use.
Do you have a favorite that isn’t on this list? I’d love to know!